Text Box: W.T. WHALEN ENG.

Company History

Text Box: Service offered

Career openings

 

Text Box: Contact us

What's in a survey?

Text Box: Useful Links

 

  The W.T. Whalen Engineering was founded by William T. Whalen in 1935, to provide the area with engineering and land surveying services. Between 1935 and 1947, in addition to his private practice, Mr. Whalen performed engineering and surveying services for the Government, at such locations; Fort Devens, camp Miles Standish, and the Walsh-Kiaser ship yard.

  On November 21, 1947 Mr. Whalen announced the opening of a full time, engineering service, which operated out of the Whalen Family Homestead on Chestnut St. (Christian Hill to townies). He continued to work out of his home with the help of his wife, Ella, his sons, and various part time help for 30 years, until 1977, when he semi-retired transferring the business to William & Paul, two of his sons.

  In July of 1977, the business relocated from the homestead to a professional building. Mr. Whalen continued as a consultant with the firm until his untimely death in January 1978. The founders grandson Mark T. Whalen joined the firm full time in 1987, after having completed his engineering studies at Wentworth Institute, in Boston.

  In August of 2001 Mark became the sole Owner. Mark’s father William continues as a consultant. Mark continues to carry on the tradition of honest quality work that has made W.T. Whalen Engineering so well known.

  In September of 2008, we moved into our new building  at 481 Mount Hope Street In North Attleboro.

Company  founder : William  T. Whalen